Events in Wester Ross
If you have local events you would like us to list, please get in touch.
So far in 2017 , we've had the Loch Ewe WW11 Festival - an exciting weekend of music, dancing, re-enactment, film shows, 1940s makeovers, and more. The star attraction was undoubtedly a flypast on both days from a Spitfire, which provided a 20 minute display each day, looping up and around Loch Ewe. But...errr...of course, if you are reading this now, you have probably missed it!
So - Let's look forwards to 2018!
Well, we are optimistic that the third Adventure Film Festival might happen at Inverewe Gardens.....something a little bit different! Want some action and the outdoors? How about the Torridon Mountain and Sea Festival? This is already in planning for the end of September in 2018, and has outdoor pursuits, fine foods and real ales, music, and entertainment on offer. For details on the what - who - where - when, look at the TM&SF website or facebook page! Fantastic entertainment, superb scenery!
Here are some links to the various webpages, which we'll update with actual dates and information as these become available...............Some are estimated dates just now.
There's also an event calendar with all the information on when, where, and how much.
- Walks, talks, and events at:
- Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve
- Inverewe Garden: Guided gardens tours every weekday Monday - Friday at 1.30pm (included in entrance fee) Ranger family Events throughout the season, Interactive activities for Children at Inverewe house, Red Squirrel themed events throughout the season, and regular Art and craft exhibitions.
- and across the area with the Highland Council Ranger Service
- Poolewe Tuesday Markets - local crafts & produce in the village hall 10am - 2.30pm every Tuesday throughout the summer season
- Lochcarron crafts and produce markets are held monthly during the summer on the last Friday of the month.
- Friday 11th - Sunday 13th May, 2018: Ullapool Book Festival
- Saturday June 30th, 2018: Gairloch Gathering
- Every Wednesday evening from early July until late August, the annual series of Poolewe Ceilidh Dances takes place from 8pm at Poolewe Hall.
- Saturday 21st July 2018: Lochcarron Highland Games at Attadale
- July (To be confirmed, but usually the end of july ...Aultbea Raft race and Aultbea Funday
- July 28th, 2018: Applecross Highland Games
- Provisionally Saturday August 14th: Shieldaig Fete
- September (To be confirmed) - Adventure travel Film Festival at Inverewe Gardens
- 28th - 29th September 2018: Loopallu music festival in Ullapool
- 5th, 6th, 7th of October 2018: Ullapool Guitar festival
- September 2018 (Dates to be confirmed): Torridon Mountain and Sea Festival
- (Mid?) October 2018 (To be confirmed) NTS "Walktober Week"
- Late December, Fayre on the Square, Gairloch - Music, crafts, licensed bar.
Regular events throughout the Year?
Series of Lectures and Exhibitions at Gairloch Museum, covering several aspects of the area's many natural attractions. There are regular workshops on several exhibitions by artists, exhibitions in co-operation with groups and individuals in the area, and many other regular events and exhibitions. Full details of all of these are on the Gairloch Heritage Museum's website.
Open seven days a week between May until October 2017, the Russian Arctic Convoy Museum project will be running an exhibition at their centre in Aultbea. Opening times are 9.30am - 4.30pm, with last admission at 4pm. There's ship and aircraft models, uniforms, artefacts, photos, maps, and so much more - this is located on the main A832 road through Aultbea. Loch Ewe was one of the key assembly points for convoys making the harsh crossing to Russia during the war. A very worthwhile project indeed, so why not call in and support them?