Events in Wester Ross
If you have local events you would like us to list, please get in touch.
From 2017 - we had the Loch Ewe WW11 Festival - an exciting weekend of music, dancing, re-enactment, film shows, 1940s makeovers, and more. The star attraction was undoubtedly a flypast on both days from a Spitfire, which provided a 20 minute display each day, looping up and around Loch Ewe. But...errr...of course, if you are reading this now, you have probably missed it!
So - Let's look at 2019!
Well, we are delighted to say that the third Adventure Film Festival was at Inverewe Gardens in 2018.....something a little bit different! No 4 in 2019? Want some action and the outdoors? How about the Torridon Mountain and Sea Festival? This is now a regular event with outdoor pursuits, fine foods and real ales, music, and entertainment on offer. For details on the what - who - where - when, look at the TM&SF website or facebook page! Fantastic entertainment, superb scenery!
Here are some links to the various webpages, which we'll update with information as this become available...............Enjoy!.
- Walks, talks, and events at:
- Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve
- Inverewe Garden: Guided walks every day except Sunday – 1.30 from Visitor Centre......Specialist walks with Head Gardener.......Pop-Up Events throughout the season (see our Facebook Page @InvereweGarden)....Kids Trail.....Cafes.....Inverewe House Museum....Sawyer Gallery exhibitions.....Artists and their inspiration – throughout the year around the Garden.
- Across the area with the Highland Council Ranger Service
- Look here for a full list of walks in August / September and for October / November
- Poolewe Tuesday Markets - local crafts & produce in the village hall 10am - 2.30pm every Tuesday throughout the summer season
- Lochcarron crafts and produce markets are held monthly during the summer on the last Friday of the month.
- Friday 10th - Sunday 12th May, 2019: Ullapool Book Festival
- Saturday July 6th, 2019: Gairloch Gathering
- Every Wednesday evening from early July until late August, the annual series of Poolewe Ceilidh Dances takes place from 8pm at Poolewe Hall.
- Saturday 20th July 2019: Lochcarron Highland Games at Attadale
- TBA ..Aultbea Raft race and Aultbea Funday
- July 27th, 2019: Applecross Highland Games
- August 10th: Shieldaig Fete
- TBA: Adventure travel Film Festival at Inverewe Gardens
- 27th - 28th September 2019: Loopallu music festival in Ullapool
- 4th, 5th, 6th of October 2019: Ullapool Guitar festival
- TBA: Torridon Mountain and Sea Festival
- 28th September - 18th October - Highland Archaeology Festival - Walks, talks, and presentations celebrating Archaeology, History, and Heritage of the area. For events in Wester Ross as part of the festival, go to our calendar pages.
- TBA (usually October)- "Walktober" - Guided walks on National Trust for Scotland properties in or near Wester Ross
Regular events throughout the Year?
Series of Lectures and Exhibitions at Gairloch Museum, covering several aspects of the area's many natural attractions. There are regular workshops on several exhibitions by artists, exhibitions in co-operation with groups and individuals in the area, and many other regular events and exhibitions. Full details of all of these are on the Gairloch Heritage Museum's website.
Open seven days a week between May until October , the Russian Arctic Convoy Museum project will be running an exhibition at their centre in Aultbea. Opening times are 9.30am - 4.30pm, with last admission at 4pm. There's ship and aircraft models, uniforms, artefacts, photos, maps, and so much more - this is located on the main A832 road at Aultbea. Loch Ewe was one of the key assembly points for convoys making the harsh crossing to Russia during the war. A very worthwhile project indeed, so why not call in and support them?