Events in Wester Ross
If you have local events you would like us to list, please get in touch.
From 2017 - we had the Loch Ewe WW11 Festival - an exciting weekend of music, dancing, re-enactment, film shows, 1940s makeovers, and more. The star attraction was undoubtedly a flypast on both days from a Spitfire, which provided a 20 minute display each day, looping up and around Loch Ewe. But...errr...of course, if you are reading this now, you have probably missed it!
So - Let's look at 2020!
Want some action and the outdoors? How about the Torridon Mountain and Sea Festival? This is now a regular event with outdoor pursuits, fine foods and real ales, music, and entertainment on offer. For details on the what - who - where - when, look at the TM&SF website or facebook page! Fantastic entertainment, superb scenery!
Here are some links to the various webpages, which we'll update with accurate dates and information as this becomes available. mean time, note that most annual events happen on approximately the same weekend each year..........
- Walks, talks, and events at:
- Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve
- Inverewe Garden: Guided walks every day except Sunday – 1.30 from Visitor Centre......Specialist walks with Head Gardener.......Pop-Up Events throughout the season (see our Facebook Page @InvereweGarden)....Kids Trail.....Cafes.....Inverewe House Museum....Sawyer Gallery exhibitions.....Artists and their inspiration – throughout the year around the Garden.
- Across the area with the Highland Council Ranger Service
- Regular short walks in Flowerdale Woods, Gairloch - See Highlife Highland website.
- Booking details for a full list of walks can be found on the "Highlife Highland" website.
- Poolewe Tuesday Markets - local crafts & produce in the village hall 10am - 2.30pm every Tuesday throughout the summer season
- Lochcarron crafts and produce markets are held monthly during the summer on the last Friday of the month.
- Friday 8th - Sunday 10th May, 2020: Ullapool Book Festival
- Usually 1st Saturday in July: Gairloch Gathering
- Every Wednesday evening from early July until late August, the annual series of Poolewe Ceilidh Dances takes place from 8pm at Poolewe Hall.
- Saturday 18th July 2020: Lochcarron Highland Games at Attadale
- End of July: Applecross Highland Games
- Usually around the second weekend of August: Shieldaig Fete
- End of September: Loopallu music festival in Ullapool (Note: the 2020 event was described as the "final" one, after many years of great music. We'll see...watch this space).
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of October 2020: Ullapool Guitar festival
- TBA: Torridon Mountain and Sea Festival
- 26th September - 16th October - Highland Archaeology Festival - Walks, talks, and presentations celebrating Archaeology, History, and Heritage of the area. For events in Wester Ross as part of the festival, go to our calendar pages. (Note: Dates and events usually announced in July)
- TBA (usually October)- "Walktober" - Guided walks on National Trust for Scotland properties in or near Wester Ross
Regular events throughout the Year?
Series of Lectures and Exhibitions at Gairloch Museum, covering several aspects of the area's many natural attractions. There are regular workshops on several exhibitions by artists, exhibitions in co-operation with groups and individuals in the area, and many other regular events and exhibitions. Full details of all of these are on the Gairloch Heritage Museum's website.
Open seven days a week between May until October , the Russian Arctic Convoy Museum project will be running an exhibition at their centre in Aultbea. Opening times are 9.30am - 4.30pm, with last admission at 4pm. There's ship and aircraft models, uniforms, artefacts, photos, maps, and so much more - this is located on the main A832 road at Aultbea. Loch Ewe was one of the key assembly points for convoys making the harsh crossing to Russia during the war. A very worthwhile project indeed, so why not call in and support them?